Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Cake Poker Introduces Omaha Hi Lo

Any time a poker site starts a new game it is a good idea if you know how to play that game well to sit in and see if the games are soft. Cake introduced Omaha Hi Lo this week and I sat in on a few games and they were very soft. I bought for $100 to the 50 cent dollar PL game and one guy I noticed was playing really loose. He would re-buy for $100 and make crazy attempts to build it up and would have wild swings. When I had AA27 I came over the top of his pot sized pre-flop raise and he put all his chips in - about $80 bucks - he had AKT5. Both of us had one nut flush draw. We were head up pre-flop. He won the hand with kings and tens. I was up $100 at the time so this set me back to up only $20. I was in a good spot so wasn't disappointed and hoped he would stay around. Going all-in pre-flop with AA2X in my opinion is a good idea almost all of the time. Anyway, about 1/2 later I caught broadway on the turn and he called a $50 bet and and all-in bet on the river and he was caught a bad low on the river - a very bad low and he had no other draw. A few minutes later I limped in with ATTK. The same maniac raised it to 6.50 and normally I would fold but since the maniac was liable to go all-in with anything I thought it would be good to call and see if I could catch a flop. The flop came 10,5,4 rainbow. The one other caller bet the pot. I called and the maniac called. The turn came a 4 giving me a full house and it was checked to me and I bet $85 and the maniac called all-in holding A335. The other player had A35T so they both had the same draw for a quarter of the pot.

Nice thing about Cake Poker is they have a feature where you can look at the previous hand and even create a custom web page for it. Here are the previous 2 HH for the previously mentioned hands.

1. All-in with AKT5

2. All-in Draw for a 1/4 of the pot misses

Lucky for me I didn't tilt on the first few beats or I wouldn't have been in position to win a nice pot later on.

Interested in Cake Poker? Get an extra 33% rakeback at The Rakebackstore

No comments: