Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Silence Spoke

A friend of mine decided this past week-end he was going to contemplate the silence. His kids were away for the week-end and he was looking forward to the time alone. We talked briefly about meditation and yoga. He was pensive, poised for a life-changing break-through of some sort.

On Christmas Eve I got a phone call from him. He sounded excited. "I'M FLYING TO MIAMI TOMORROW MORNING TO GET A JAGUAR CONVERTIBLE!"

He flew out Christmas morning and cruised back from Florida. When I saw him we went for a ride. It was a beautiful, sunny day in the desert. He told me about the 400 plus horse, heated seats, proximity censors, the navigation system and he showed me how it went from 0-60MPH in 4.3 seconds. He blasted the 6-CD changer - the music reverberated through the vehicle and our bodies. The top was down, the sun was shining and the music played...

He's been taking a lot of people for rides. He has a little bounce to his step and he's talking a lot about his new car. I haven't heard any more about that silence thing.

No comments: