Friday, March 03, 2006

Multi-Table Tournament Cheater Caught


Zee Justin got caught cheating for playing on 6 accounts from the same IP address in MTTs at Party Poker and they froze all the accounts he was using. He said he had $100,000 in the accounts.

I was reading his blog and around the time he got caught there was a self-congratulatory post about how he pulled himself out of a $20,000 hole in one day. There wasn't any mention of his five imaginary friends doing any of the pulling.

When I heard about it I figured he would lie or confess. I couldn't imagine what his other options might be. If I had $100,000 hanging in the balance I would come up with a pretty good story about how 5 other people sat in a room with me and played poker. These five people would think I was some kind of poker genius and thus come over to my house and get inspiration from me and feedback when I had a spare moment to enlighten them. I could see how this story may unravel quickly however as five real people would have to emerge to verify the information on the accounts.

The next option then is to fess up. "I had a nice ride. I got caught, but anybody can cheat at Party Poker. Read my book about it and I'll tell you how NOT to get caught and make millions!"

Zee Justin choose neither of these options. I'll let you read what he wrote because it is kind of confusing, hilarious and pathetic all at the same time. The sad part for me is that he has no sense of pride for what appears to be his main accomplishment in life: having deceived and cheated so many people on such a grand scale for so long. But at least he had enough pride not to apologize to the poker players he stole money from - the ones who don't cheat and rely on their own skill to win.
Zee Justin In his Own Words

No comments: